Friday, August 25, 2006

In Olden Days...

Well, I auditioned for an Amateur Dramatics Society production of Anything Goes on Tuesday. Not sure if they felt sorry for me or if they just desperately need more boys, but they've offered me a part in the Chorus. Based on the audition, I am amazed by this. I believe 'rusty' was the word that sprang to mind as I tried to mimmick the dance routine and mumble my way through a score I was as vaguely familiar with. I got frowns from individuals who obviously thought I wasn't taking it very seriously. Remarks like "I've been doing this for 13 years now, a marvellous way to pass time" and "I've only done the Grosvenor Light Operatic Society, this sounded like something easier and less demanding" were probably designed to put me in my place. But hey, like that was going to discourage me in making a complete tit out of myself. I am truly grateful of 'Colonel Henge' for letting me know about this last minute and I'm making it up to him later this week by getting him a place running for Whizz-Kidz for next year's London Marathon, who are a client of mine.

First dance rehearsal is apparently next Weds. "How spiffing!" as Lord Evelyn would say.

No comments: